Eyebright Infusion for Bright Eyes

I’ve been spending way too much time sitting in front of a computer screen this week and my eyes are telling the tale all too well. It is time for me to brew up a batch of Eyebright infusion to give my eyes some rest and refreshment. This is as simple as brewing a cup of  herb tea, but I will post the directions for you anyway.

Eyebright Infusion to Brighten Tired Eyes

2 tablespoons Eyebright herb, dried
1 1/2 cups water

Place herb in a glass or ceramic container (a canning jar works for me).
Bring water to a boil and pour over herb.
Steep 15 minutes.
Strain into a clean container.
Refrigerate until nice and cold.
Dip a clean cloth into the infusion and place over closed eyes. This is a great time to take a short power nap!

To make my Bright Eyes treatment even better, I think I will use Chamomile tea bags instead of a cloth. My eyes feel better just thinking about it!

Be certain to store any leftover infusion in the refrigerator.

A repost from The Renegade Farmer today ... because I am in need of this helpful herb remedy, and thought some of you might be as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

//2