End of the Year Inventory



Tomorrow I will finish up my End of the Year Inventory and continue working on my annual Herb Order.  At the beginning of the year I like to order a supply of dried herbs and supplies to restock the still room herb pantry.  I have some staple herbs that I always like to have on hand, such as:

Peppermint
Spearmint
Lemon Verbena
Rosemary
Thyme
Elderberries
Yarrow
Echinacea
Calendula
Lavender
Ginger
Arnica
Comfrey
Nettle
(this list is rather off the top of my head and in no particular order)
 
These are herbs that I use often and want to always have at my disposal.  I do grow many of these in the garden, but like Calendula oddly enough, some hate my Texas climate and refuse to cooperate and produce an adequate supply.
And sometimes dried is better than fresh, and it's certainly more convenient to open the pantry rather than trudge out to the herb garden when you need something such as a cup of peppermint/ginger tea in the middle of the night!

Other non-herb items in the still room pantry are:
press-n-seal tea bags
beeswax
honey
apple cider vinegar
cheese cloth
olive oil
sunflower oil
grapeseed oil
sweet almond oil
rosewater
glycerin
etc.

And of course a variety of jars, tins, and other containers for storing my herbal concoctions.  And labels.  Labels are very important items.  You won't remember what that salve in the little tins that are tucked away in the back of the drawer contain ... trust me, I know.  Label and date.  Always.

So, what's on your herbal to do list as this year ends?  
How about your goals and plans for 2012?
My first goal is to reorganize and faithfully add new material to my Still Room Book.
My second is to share more of that information here.
And maybe, just maybe, I'll come up with some pretty printables for you to use in your own still room book.
And then there is planting the herb garden ...

But right now I'm going to make myself another cup of tea and peruse the still room shelves, list in hand!

Herbal Blessings,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

//2