Herbal Winter Warm-Ups


Wintry weather is making an appearance this weekend, causing me to seek out warming cups of herb tea and other ways to keep the cold at bay. 
A cup of ginger tea is a simple way to bring warmth to a cold body. 
I add a couple of slices of fresh ginger to my tea cup, pour in boiling water and let it steep for a few minutes.  Then I add a spoonful of honey and maybe a squeeze of lemon to the cup.  Simply delicious.

Spices such as cinnamon and cardamom are also good for warming things up.  I often add a dash of one or both of these to my cup of morning tea or bowl of oatmeal. 

And for something a little more filling, how about a bowl of Curried Mixed Vegetable Stew or Creamy Sweet Potato Ginger Soup?  There's just something about a pot of soup or stew simmering on the stovetop on a winter's day to warm things up. 

So tell me ... what are some of your favorite winter warm-ups? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

//2