Simple Home Remedies ~ Elderberry Honey


This herbal home remedy or tonic is one that I make frequently, especially during cold and flu season.

Elderberry Honey is so simple to make, all you need are 3 ingredients:

Elderberries-1 cup fresh, or 1/2 cup dried (I used dried)
Water- 3 cups
Honey- 1 cup

Place elderberries and water in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook slowly for 30-45 minutes. Strain warm juice into a quart jar. Pour in honey and stir well. Done!

Store the Elderberry Honey in the refrigerator where it should stay fresh for 2-3 months.

I take one tablespoonful daily as a tonic to help build immunity and keep colds at bay before and during cold and flu season.
When a cold or flu does sneak up on me, I take 1 tablespoon 3 times a day.

As a bonus, Elderberry Honey tastes great! I sometimes add a spoonful to my cup of tea in place of plain honey just because I enjoy it.

* I'm not a doctor, please use your own common sense when using herbs or other home remedies, etc., etc.!!!

I buy my elderberries from Amazon, my favorite place for buying all things herbal. They also sell Elder Berry Syrup if you'd rather not make it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//2